Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Free Graphic Novel: Me, the Professor, Fuzzy, and the Meaning of Life


Hello everyone! Due to the busy nature of my schedule this week, I will not be keeping up my usual post schedule. However, I will be posting when time allows. I hope to return to the usual post schedule next week.

For anyone who has read this blog for awhile, you will know that I love comic books. I always have and most likely always will. I find comics to be an excellent launching place for philosophical discussion and thinking. In some of my past posts, I have actually used comic book characters in an attempt to illustrate a point or challenge the thinking of others. For those interested, see here or here or here.

Today's resource is a free online graphic novel entitled Me, the Professor, Fuzzy, and the Meaning of Life. This graphic novel explores the question, "What gives life meaning?"

Author David Pensgard writes:

"Me, The Professor, Fuzzy, and the Meaning of Life" is a very long title for a book. Yet, these three characters each play an essential role in ferreting out the answers to the big questions. All of these questions, as well as the efforts of all three characters, represent attempts to get at the very meaning of life itself.
"

This graphic novel provides a fresh way of examining and pondering age old questions.

You can check it o
ut here.

Courage and Godspeed,
Chad

2 comments:

Dante said...

Graphic novels and philosophy? Sounds interesting!

Maybe this medium can be used as a tool to teach apologetics to laymen. It'll be more interesting that way and perhaps learning will be faster.

Chad said...

Hey Dante,

Great to hear from you! Hope all is well with you and yours.

You raise a great point and that is exactly why I posted this resource. Some apologetics books can be quite laborious to read [Don't get me wrong, I love them!] and this medium offers a unique way of thinking about important questions while providing visuals. I also think that graphic novels would be great for teaching teens about apologetics.

Godspeed