Article: The Need for Apologetics by Norman Geisler


Hello everyone! As I have written about in the past, it is many times the job of the apologist to not only demonstrate the rationality of the Christian faith to the skeptic, but also to effectively communicate the body of Christ why apologetics is vital in their own walk with Christ and to the Christian faith itself.

Admittedly, I have received many objections from Christians regarding the role that apologetics should, or should not play, in the life of the Christian. The Bible is very clear that each of us are to be "ready to give a defense to anyone who asks you for the reason for the hope that is in you" (1 Peter 3:15b; CSB).

In this article, Dr. Norman Geisler explains The Need For Apologetics.

As Geisler rightly points out:

"Christianity is under attack today, and it must be defended."

Geisler looks at 1) objections to defending the faith: biblical and extra-biblical 2) objections to apologetics outside the Bible, and 3) the reasons for defending the faith.

I encourage our readers to take the time to work through this article and be reminded of why we must be prepared to defend our faith and to intelligently explain what it is we believe to the best our ability.

You can read it here.

Courage and Godspeed,
Chad A. Gross

Comments

Jake said…
I didn't even know what Apologetics was a month ago!! Then God led me to get involved with my Church's Apologetic ministry. I have been saved for 4 and a half years, and boy do I wish I knew about Apologetics then. Dr. Geisler hit the nail right on the head when he stated that "Christianity is under attack..".
Great article by Dr. Geisler. Full of awesome information!!

Truth Bombers Keep It Up!!

For His Glory,
Jake
Anonymous said…
Hello Jake,

I am so grateful that you learned something from the article!
Admittedly, I have somewhat "revamped" the blog and geared it toward the new "Truthbombers," as well as anyone else who may benefit. So glad the article was informative.

Godspeed
Brian said…
Jake,

I am so glad you are finding apologetics helpful. Once I got into it, I was hooked. It has helped me grow in my faith and my thinking. I am continually reminded of how awesome our God is.

May you be blessed in your pursuit of Him.
Brian said…
Jake,
By the way, if you want to hear an interview with Norman Geisler, you can check it out here,
Jake said…
Brian,
Hey thanks for the encouragement!! I've been really busy and the encouragement is just what I needed. Thanks for the link to Norman Geisler. I will definately check it out.

For His Glory ,
Jake