Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Apologist Profile: Mike Licona
Mike Licona is the Apologetic Coordinator at the North American Mission Board. He was interviewed by Lee Strobel in his recent book The Case for the Real Jesus and appeared in Strobel’s recent video The Case for Christ.
He has engaged in public debate on Jesus’ resurrection with Bart Ehrman (UNC), Elaine Pagels (Princeton), and numerous others. He is the author of Paul Meets Muhammad (Baker, 2006) and co-author with Gary Habermas of the award-winning book The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus (Kregel, 2004).
On April 22, 2009, Mike will receive a Ph.D. in New Testament Studies which will be awarded with distinction from the University of Pretoria. He is a member of the Evangelical Philosophical Society, the Institute for Biblical Research, and the Society of Biblical Literature. Mike is a frequent speaker on university campuses, churches, and has appeared on dozens of radio and television programs. 
1. Ph. D in New Testament Studies from the University of Pretoria, March 09
2. M.A. in Religious Studies from Liberty University, April 2000
The Case for the Resurrection, co-authored with Dr. Gary Habermas
Paul Meets Muhammad: A Christian-Muslim Debate on the Resurrection
What to Say to Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses when they Knock on your Door (Free Online E-book)
The Family Tomb of Jesus
The Gospel of Judas
The Early Church Fathers on Jesus
Jesus-Son of God
Jesus-The Son of Man
Ex nihilo, nihil fit (Out of nothing, nothing comes)
Don't Be Flanked: Answering Lenny Flank's Article Against Intelligent Design
God Spoke and "Bang!" It Happened!
Who Made God?
Critiques and Reviews
Exploring The Da Vinci Code with Mike Licona
A Review of Brian Flemming's DVD "The God Who Wasn't There"
A Critique of the Essay "The Intrinsic Flaws Inherent in Christianity"
A Refutation of Acharya S's book, The Christ Conspiracy
Licona Replies to Acharya: Part 2
Gladiators, The Roman Circus, and Christians
Non Sequitur (Looks Can Be Deceiving)
Peter Pan Theology
The Sweet Words of an Enemy
1. New Testament historian Mike Licona and Princeton distinguished professor of religion Elaine Pagels discussed the historicity of the resurrection of Jesus on
The Ron Insana Show, 2005. (37 minutes) Click Here
2. Elaine Pagels and Mike Licona met on Lee Strobel's television program Faith Under Fire and debated on "The Missing Gospels," 2005. (14 minutes) Click Here
3. Shabir Ally and Mike Licona met on Lee Strobel's television program Faith Under Fire and debated the question "Who was Jesus? Divine or Prophet," 2004. (14 minutes) Click Here
4. Panelists William Lane Craig & Mike Licona discuss topics such as the divinity of Jesus, the formation of the Canon, early Christianity, and other issues. This 67-minute event was held at Johnson Ferry Baptist Church in front of a live audience. Although it was intended as a response to The Da Vinici Code, most of the topics discussed here have ongoing relevance. Click Here
I encourage our readers and team members to checkout Mike Licona's work.
Courage and Godspeed,
Chad A. Gross