Mt. Bible Church is hosting an apologetics conference entitled Defending the Faith: A Firm Foundation for Sharing the Gospel, Friday, October 5, 7 – 9:30 p.m. and Saturday, October 6, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
There is no cost to attend but donations will be accepted.
The conference features philosopher Dr. Gregory Ganssle, Cross Examined instructor Steve Schrader, Larry Moody, Pastor Marvin Patrick and Craig Shaffer and others.
I am grateful to be speaking on the topics of "Jesus the Intellectual" and "In Defense of Apologetics."
The agenda is as follows:
Intro/Music 7:00 – 7:15FRIDAY NIGHT:
Plenary 1 7:15-8:15 Reaching Professionals and Doubters (Larry Moody) [multipurpose room]
Plenary 2 8:30-9:30 True for You but Not for Me? (Steve Schrader) [multipurpose room]
Intro/Music 8:30 – 8:45
Plenary 3 8:45-9:45 The God Question: Creator or Crutch? (Marvin Patrick) [multipurpose room]
Breakout Sessions 10:00-11:00
• Jay Auxt: Sideling Hill – A Witnessing Tool [room 301]
• Chad Gross: In Defense of Apologetics: Why Apologetics is Biblical and Necessary [room 224]
• Bob Perry: Defending the Pro-Life View [room 250]
• Jack Keebler: Your Apolo-moment: Making a clear case for your faith in 60 seconds or less [cafeteria]
• Dr. Gregory Ganssle: Biblical Pictures of Apologetics [multipurpose room]
Plenary 4 11:15-12:15 Will the Real Jesus Please Stand Up? (Craig Shaffer) [multipurpose room]
Q&A Panel 1:45-2:15 [multipurpose room]
Breakout Sessions 2:30-3:45
• Chad Gross: Jesus the Intellectual [room 224]
• Pastor Marvin Patrick: The Problem of Evil [room 250]
• Joshua Moody: How to transition from small talk to spiritual things [cafeteria]
• Jay Auxt: Global Warming – A Witnessing Tool [room 301]
• Pastor Robert Welty: How Can a Loving God Send Someone to Hell: A Response to Rob Bell's 'Love Wins’ [multipurpose room ]
Plenary 5 4:00-5:00 Thinking About God (Dr. Gregory Ganssle) [multipurpose room]
You can email the Mt. Airy Bible Church office at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
I hope to see you there!
Courage and Godspeed,