This video features a talk I recently gave at my home church Faith Christian Fellowship entitled "God and Arguments from Morality." In the talk, I present a version of the Moral Argument for God's existence, explain why relativism doesn't work and address some common confusions people have when discussing a universal Moral Law.
Here is a brief outline of the talk:
- Two Types of Relativism
- What Makes a Good Argument?
- The Moral Argument
- Every law has a law giver.
- There is a Moral Law
- Therefore, there is a Moral Law Giver
- "Cultures have different values so how can moral values be universal?"
- "Difficult problems in morality prove that there is no universal Moral Law."
- "Some values conflict."
- "Morality is relative to time and culture."
- How Does the Moral Argument Directly Relate to the Gospel?
Apologetics315 has the audio here.
Also, if you are interested in having me come speak at your church, please contact me at email@example.com
Courage and Godspeed,