This debate took place in Randers, Denmark and was between Christian apologist, speaker and author Dr. Frank Turek and Dennis Normark who is an anthropologist, author and one of Denmark's leading atheists.
Turek argued that the following is evidence for the existence of God:
1. Beginning of the Universe
2. Fine Tuning of the Universe
3. Objective Moral Values
4. The Resurrection of Christ
Normark mainly argued that:
1. God is imagined in our minds
2. What is "moral" is what the majority of people decide upon
3. Science is based on facts while religion is based on feelings
This was one of the more entertaining debates I've watched in awhile and both men presented their case with conviction, but respect for one another. During the Q and A I wished I could pull up a chair and chat with both gentlemen.
The Q and A is especially interesting and covers a wide range of topics such as:
- the moral argument
- the historical Jesus
- the age of the earth
- free will
- the argument from reason
- the meaning of life
Let us know what you think! Who won? Why so?
Courage and Godspeed,