Feeling a Sense of Urgency

Murder investigations go cold when the first detectives fail to act with a sense of urgency.  If they wait too long, potential witnesses are harder to locate and evidence is destroyed before it can be recovered. Event as a cold-case detective, I have a similar sense of urgency in my secondary investigation.  If I wait too long, my witnesses or suspects may die of old age before I can contact and interview them. To be successful, I have to work within the lifetime of the people involved in my case.

I hope you feel a similar sense of urgency about the evidence in God's "crime scene."  Our temporal lives are short and often difficult. Let's act now, while we are on this side of eternity, to make the most important decision of our lives. Let's also help our friends and family to examine the evidence "inside the room" so they can understand the true nature of the universe and the hope we have for a life beyond the grave.

Start an investigation. Examine the evidence. Come to a verdict. Make the case to others.

Stand firm in Christ
Chase

Footnote:
Wallace, J. Warner. God's Crime Scene:  A Cold-Case Detective Examines the Evidence for a Divinely Created Universe. Page 204.

Comments

Rachel said…
That's a good analogy! We need urgency about the search for truth.