second systematic theology volume, Norman Geisler writes, "few (if any) studies are more important than that of the attributes of God." He goes on to list the reasons for this:
- All basic theological truth depends upon God's attributes
- We cannot recognize false gods without knowing the true God
- Error has practical consequences
- Our spiritual growth is dependent upon our concept of God
- A commitment to what is less than Ultimate will not be ultimately satisfying
Over the next few months I will be sharing from this text from Geisler as I read it for my theology proper and creation course.
Stand firm in Christ
Geisler, Norman. Systematic Theology: Volume Two. Bloomington, MN: Bethany House, 2003. 17-19.