How Atheist Guillaume Bignon Became a Christian Theologian - David Wood interview

In this video, David Wood of Acts 17 Apologetics interviews Guillaume Bignon, a former atheist turned Christian.  I found his testimony worth sharing here.
Below is an excerpt from a Reasonable Faith podcast explaining how his then girlfriend's (now wife) belief in God is what motivated him to examine the evidence further-
"Her religious beliefs clearly remained the problem, and my new goal in life was essentially to explain to her why all this was untenable, so that she could put this nonsense behind her, and we could be together without her misconceptions standing in the way. So I started thinking about the whole thing. What good reason was there to think God exists, and what good reason was there to think atheism was true instead?
This step was important, because my own unbelief was comfortably resting on the fact that (smart) people around me didn’t believe in God either, but it was more a reasonable life assumption than the conclusion of a solid argument. So I started to take the question seriously, to objectively assess its credibility. But of course, if I was going to refute Christianity, I first needed to know what exactly it affirmed. So I picked up a Bible to figure it out. And at the same time, since I’m a scientist, I figured there was at least one experiment that could be carried out to dis-confirm the belief that God exists: I thought “if any of this is true, then there is a God who exists right now and presumably cares greatly about this project of mine”, so I started to pray in the air as an atheist “If there is a God, then here I am, I’m looking into this, why don’t you go ahead and reveal yourself to me. I’m open.”
According to Dr. William Lane Craig, "That was his fatal misstep as an unbeliever – turning to God and praying that prayer!"

God Bless,


Comments