Counterpoints: Joseph Smith and The Book of Isaiah on the Existence of God

Joseph Smith: “In the beginning, the head of the Gods called a council of the Gods; and they came together and concocted a plan to create the world and people it.”1

The Book of Isaiah: "You are my witnesses," declares the Lord, "and my servant whom I have chosen, that you may know and believe me, and understand that I am he.  Before me no god was formed, nor shall there be any after me."2

Courage and Godspeed,
Chad



Footnotes:

1. Prophet Joseph Smith, Jr., History of the Church, v. 6, pp. 307, 308 as quoted by Mormon Think.
2. Isaiah 42:10, ESV; Emphasis mine.

Related Posts

What is the Book of Mormon? by Robert M. Bowman, Jr.

The Smithsonian on the Bible and the Book of Mormon

Free Online E-book: Letters to a Mormon Elder by James R. White

Comments