Stay the Course: A Message on Perseverance

On Father's Day, 2018, I (The Other Chad) had a second opportunity to speak at Faith Christian Fellowship, in Williamsport, MD.  The purpose of this message was to provide good reasons why we should count it all joy when we experience various trials, knowing that the testing of our faith produces endurance as described in the New Testament letter of James 1. 

I chose 2 Peter 1:3-12 as the opening reading because the writer describes perseverance as one of the supplemental qualities of the Christian faith that should be apparent in the life of the believer. 

During the message, I shared 3 examples of perseverance:

  • The perfect example- Jesus in his final hours before his arrest.
  • An example in marriage- The testimony of David and Marsha Muritz, which can be found here.
  • My own personal example- Trials I experienced while caring for my beloved grandfather.

Approximately 37 minutes in, I take some time to address the problem of pain and suffering.  Using material from Dr. William Lane Craig's On Guard, I attempted to address intellectual and emotional objections that one may consider when dealing with pain and suffering.1


God Bless,


1.  On Guard by Dr. William Lane Craig- pg. 147-175

Comments