Video: Where Did Rapture Theology Come From? by Ben Witherington III


In this short video, Dr. Ben Witherington III discusses how "rapture theology" developed.  Do you agree with Witherington?  Do you believe in the rapture?

Sound off in the comments below!

Courage and Godspeed,
Chad

Related Posts

Video: Arguments For and From Fulfilled Biblical Prophecies by Peter S. Williams

Tim Stratton on the Relationship between Philosophy and Theology

S.T.O.P. to Discover the Meaning of a Biblical Text

Comments

Bible Gnosis said…
Thank you for this short history. I have always had trouble reconciling the teaching on the rapture when I did my own Biblical study on the subject. I am a Bible teacher but over the years I've avoided teaching Eschatology because my personal views seemed at odds with the majority opinion.
Anonymous said…
Good explanation. I have always had an issue with being "raptured" to Heaven to avoid suffering when so many Christians today and in the past suffered for the Gospel.