What is the Passion Week/Holy Week?

Earlier this month, Truthbomb posted links from Got Questions regarding Easter.  Another question that I've chosen to pursue further is "What is the Passion Week/Holy Week?  Specifically, I've taken the opportunity this week with my kids to look at each day, starting with Palm Sunday, and read passages from the Gospels to give them a picture of the events that occurred leading up to Jesus death and resurrection.  Also reading parallel Gospel narratives has given me the opportunity to talk about similarities and differences in each and that we should expect to see this since each writer is recording based on what they've seen or testimony from others.  While this is something I could certainly do more frequently, I think it's a great opportunity to take advantage of this special time of year to help children understand the history of these events.



Happy Holy Week!


Comments