The Clearest Statements in the Bible about Jesus Being the Only Way to Salvation

If you are committed the authority of the Bible, you must hold that Jesus is only way to salvation. This isn't simply a matter a interpretation.  The Bible couldn't be more clear on the topic.  Consider these statements attributed to those who learned from Jesus and Jesus Himself:

John 14:6-  Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through me."

Acts 4:11-12- "He is the stone which was rejected by you, the builders, but which became the very cornerstone.  And there is salvation is no one else; for here is no other name under heaven that has been given among men, by which we must be saved."

Acts 16:30-31- And after he brought them out he said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"  And they said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you shall be saved."

1 Timothy 2:5- For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Jesus the Messiah.

1 John 2:23- Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father; the one who confesses the Son has the Father also.

1 John 5:11:12- "And the witness is this, that God has given us eternal life and this life is in his Son.  He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.

Luke 10:6- "The one who listens to you listens to me and the one who rejects you rejects me, and he who rejects me rejects the one who sent me."

Luke 12:8-9- "And I say to you, everyone who confesses me before men, the Son of Man shall confess him also before the angels of God; but he who denies me before men shall be denied before the angels of God."

John 3:18- "He who believes in him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

John 3:36- "He who believes has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

John 8:24- "I said therefore to you, that you shall die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am He, you shall die in your sins."

John 10:7-8b- "Jesus therefore said to them again, "Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.  All who came before me are thieves and robbers."1

In this age of pluralism and hyper-political correctness the Body of Christ must stand for the truth that Jesus is the only way to salvation.

I argue that Jesus is the only way to salvation here.

For those who may question the reliability of the Book of John, see here.

Finally, if you are looking for a great, concise resource on the exclusivity of Christ, I recommend Greg Koukl's small booklet entitled Jesus the Only Way.

Courage and Godspeed,
Chad

Footnote:
1. As quoted by Greg Koukl, Jesus the Only Way, p. 7-8

Related Posts


Do All Religions Lead to God?

Free E-Book: The Uniqueness of Jesus Christ Among the Major World Religions by Dr. Gary Habermas

Video: Who Did Jesus Think He Was?

Comments