Who Needs God?



Recently, I came across a six part sermon series entitled “Who Needs God?” by Andy Stanley of North Pointe Church in Alpharetta, Georgia.  What initially drew my interest was the attention the series had received from leading pastors and apologists across the country.  Specifically, the third message in the series entitled “The Bible Told Me So.”  The description on the website states “Jesus loves me, this I know. For the Bible tells me so. Should we really believe something just because the Bible tells us so?”  At first glance, it would seem that Stanley does not believe in Biblical inerrancy.  But if you listen to his presentation carefully, I believe you will hear otherwise. 
I’ve listened to the first four messages, and overall, I think they are well presented.  And I’m thankful that the pastor of one of the largest churches in North America took the time to prepare and present on this topic.  If this post has peaked your interest, I would suggest you listen to at least the first one or two messages before reading some of the commentaries that people have written. 
You can find the sermon series by going here .

Responses to the series:

Andy Stanley Article and Interviews:

Comments