Featured Resource: Epic Archaeology

I had the opportunity to hear archaeologist Ted Wright speak a few years ago at an apologetics conference in Mt. Airy, MD.  During the event, I also had the privilege of sharing a meal with Mr. Wright and talking about archaeology, the Bible and Old Testament ethics.  I walked away very impressed with his pastor's heart and kind manner.  Further, I was impressed by his wealth of knowledge on the variety of subjects we discussed.  After we had chatted, he even took the time to send me a paper he had discussed during our meal. Since that time, I have followed his work in the field of archaeology.

So you can imagine that I was quite thrilled when I learned that he had founded "Epic Archaeology," an organization "dedicated to cutting edge research as well as bringing the wonder of archeology, historical investigation and discovery to the every day person."  Epic Archaeology's ultimate goal is to "[d]emonstrate the trustworthiness & reliability of the Bible as a historical document."  Now, as Mr. Wright explains here, archaeology has limits and certainly cannot prove faith; however, as he notes:

"...as an auxiliary tool of history, archaeology can be used by Biblical scholars and others to confirm or deny events written about in historical texts (such as the Bible)."

I encourage you to checkout Epic Archaeology and learn more about the work of Ted Wright.  

You can find their website here.

Like them on Facebook here.

Further, checkout this article by Mr. Wright on "10 Significant New Testament Archaeological Discoveries."

I also recommend, "Five Archaeology Books Every Christian Should Read" here.

Courage and Godspeed,
Chad


Comments