The Apostle Paul on the True Gospel vs. a Different Gospel

I am amazed that you are so quickly turning away from him who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel - not that there is another gospel, but there are some who are troubling you and want to distort the gospel of Christ.  But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, a curse be on him!  As we have said before, I now say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, a curse be on him!

For am I now trying to persuade people, or God?  Or am I striving to please people?  If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.  For I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that the gospel preached by me is not of human origin.  For I did not receive it from a human source and I was not taught it, but it came by a revelation of Jesus Christ.1

Courage and Godspeed,
Chad


Footnote:
1. Galatians 1:6-12, CSV.

Related Posts

What Can We Learn about Jesus (and the Reliability of the Gospel of Mark) from the Apostle Paul?

A Secular Historian and a Christian Historian Discuss How the Apostle Paul Changed the World

Article: What Every Christian Should Know about Paul by Eric Chabot

Comments